Eureka Springs Mardi Gras Extravaganza!
The 13th Annual Eureka Gras Mardi Gras Extravaganza kicks off on January 6th with the Kings Day Kick-Off Gala to officially announce the Royal Court and Monarchs of the Krewe of Krazo at the Rowdy
Many more events follow throughout January and February. Captain Mary and the “Krewe of Krazo” (Ozarks spelled backwards) are prepared to “laissez les bon
- The Taste of N’Awlins will be from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, January 20th at the Grand Taverne inside the Grand Central Hotel. Hot beignets, chicory coffee and gumbo shooters will be served, along with a cash bar – and of course the umbrella 2nd line.
- ArtiGras Pallette to Palate will be on Thursday, January 25th at the Basin Park Hotel. Come get your Mardi Gras creativity going at the Palette to Palate “Arti”-Gras Edition.. You’ll be using canvas, acrylic paint and Mardi Gras Beads for this fun event! Register on-line or call ESSA 479-253-5384.
- Krewe du Kork celebrates its 2nd Annual Wine Dinner at Gaskins Cabin Steakhouse on Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 6pm. The event will benefit the Eureka Springs Community Center. And with a theme of Pirate Booty Treasure Hunt, prepare for mayhem and merriment!
- The Coronation Masquerade Ball on Friday, February 2nd, is the formal event at the Inn of the Ozarks Convention Center. The room will be full of tables decorated in Mardi Gras style, the king and queen along with their royal court will promenade around the ballroom and guests will enjoy champagne and a buffet dinner.
- Saturday, February 3rd is the Light and Sound Night Parade at 6 p.m. following the usual parade route from the Carnegie Public Library, down Spring Street to the Court House on Main Street.
- Dance the night away at the 5th Annual Black Light Ball at Chelsea’s Cafe on Saturday the 3rd beginning at7pm.
- The Jokers Masquerade Ball takes place on Friday, February 9th at 6 p.m. at the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks Convention Center. There’ll be music, a mini parade, buffet with heavy hors d’oeuvres and cash bar.
- The second Mardi Gras parade, led by the Krewe of Krazo, will roll downtown on Saturday, February 10th at 2 p.m. The 2017 Theme is “Pirates of the Carribean”. That night, the Eureka Springs Chamber of Commerce Mayor’s Ball will be held at the Basin Ballroom at the Basin Park Hotel.
- The next morning on Sunday, February 11th, those who are up for it after all the parties will hit the New Orleans-style Jazz Brunch at the Crescent Hotel at 11:00 a.m., featuring live music entertainment. Reservations are required and may be made by calling 479-253-9652.
- On Fat Tuesday, February 13th, the finale is the Saint ‘Lizbeth King Cake Ball and dinner. Dinner & music by Naturally Brass begins at 6 p.m. at the St. Elizabeth Parish Center. An oyster bar, gourmet Cajun dinner, and praline King Cake are sure to satisfy. For more information call 479-253-4503 or 253-2222.
Visit www.eurekaspringsmardigras.org for details.